'ASSAM-2030 in light of SDGs' is the Vision of the Government of Assam for a developed and prosperous state with happy, healthy, cared-for and gainfully employed people. This will be through achievement of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted by the United Nations General Assembly on 25 September 2015. The Government of Assam is fully committed to the SDGs, and has decided to achieve all the goals in Assam by 2030, though a major all-round initiative.
The Sustainable Development Goals to be attained by 2030 are as follows:
- Eradication of extreme poverty for all people everywhere, currently measured as people living on less than $ 1. 25 a day.
- End hunger and ensure access by all people, particularly the poor and people in vulnerable situations, including infants, to safe, nutritious and sufficient food all year round.
- Reduction of global maternal mortality ratio to less than 70 per 100,000 live births.
- Ensuring that all girls and boys complete free, equitable and quality primary and secondary education leading to relevant and effective learning outcomes.
- End all forms of discrimination against all women and girls everywhere.
- Achieve Universal and equitable access to safe and affordable drinking water for all.
- Achieve access to adequate and equitable sanitation and hygiene for all and end open defecation, paying special attention to the needs of women and girls and those in vulnerable.
- Improve water supply quality by reducing pollution, eliminating dumping and minimising release of hazardous chemicals and materials, having the proportion of untreated wastewater and substantially increasing recycling and safe reuse globally.
- Ensure Universal access to affordable, reliable and modern energy services.
- Ensure access for all to adequate, safe and affordable housing and basic services and upgrade slums.
Ths is fully endorsed by the Guwahati Municipal Corporation in all its scope.
You can download the current SDG of the entire Guwahati Development Department below: