All Slow Moving Vehicles (SMV) owners and pullers need a license. This is a compulsory document. the validity is for 1 year after which it needs to be renewed. Complaints against an SMV without license can be addressed to the Commissioner, GMC.
Rickshaws, Ice-Cream Carts, Thelas (handcarts), etc fall under SMV.
- Rickshaws, Ice-Cream Carts, Thelas (handcarts), etc fall under SMV.
- All Slow Moving Vehicles (SMV) owners and pullers need a license.
- Validity is for 1 year after which it needs to be renewed.
A license is a compulsory documents for ll slow moving vehicles. This license can be got from the GMC office. Its validity is for 1 year.
Documents to be Submitted:
- SMV (Owner): Address Proof
- SMV (Puller): i) Police Report ii) Gaon Burha Certificate iii) Voter ID Card
- Rickshaw License fee: Rs. 100
- Thela License fee: Rs. 200
- Ice Cream (or van vehicle) license fee: Rs. 130
SMV Puller: No fees
Renewal of License and Fees:
- Submission of the old license to the concerned GMC office (SMV).
- Associated fee is Rs. 100
Duplicate License and Fees:
- Citizen need to submit an application in the GMC office addressing to the DC of the concerned zone.
- Duplicate License fees is Rs. 15
Late Fees for License Renewal:
- There is no late fees. The license gets cancelled in case of owner
Rs. 25/- per year in case of puller
Type of Service:
As of now, it is NOT an online service.
Forms to be filled:
SMV Application Form (Assamese)
SMV Application 2 (Assamese)
Whom to Contact
Ms. Loni Borpatragohain, ACS
Designation of Officer
SMV Branch, GMC
Lakhtokia, Guwahati – 781001
Phone No.: +91 7086053923
You can download Application form below.