- Citizens of Guwahati need to apply for “No Objection Certificate” for construction of RCC Buildings which falls under the jurisdiction of GMC area.
- The process for application includes two components: Planning Permit which is issued by Guwahati Metropolitan Development Authority (GMDA) as per current building byelaws and forward the proposal to GMC, which then issues Building Permit.
- Documents along with application form need to be submitted in GMDA or through the online Building Permission system.
- Application Fee need to be submitted in GMDA along with Processing Fee - I.
- Building Permit should be collected from GMC on submission of Processing Fee - II .
- All mentioned documents has to be submitted.
Citizens of Guwahati need to apply for “No Objection Certificate” for construction of RCC Buildings which falls under the jurisdiction of GGMC area. The process for application includes two components:
1. Planning Permit is issued by GMDA as per current building byelaws. GMDA then forwards it to GMC
2. Building Permit is issued by GMC.
The person applying must be a resident with all the required documents.
Guidelines for filling the form:
Applicants must provide all documents while submitting the form. If filling online, all documents must be scanned and ready,
a) For Residential
RCC type (Ground Floor) – Rs. 10 /m2
RCC type (Upper Floors) – Rs. 12 /m2
b) For Apartment
Ground Floor – Rs. 20 /m2
Upper Floors – Rs. 24 /m2
c) For Commercial
Ground Floor – Rs. 40 /m2
Upper Floors – Rs. 48 /m2
d) For Industrial
Ground Floor – Rs. 80 /m2
Upper Floors – Rs. 96 /m2
For details, please refer Schedule-I of Guwahati Building Construction (Regulation) Byelaw 2014.
- Trace map of the proposed site indicating the Dag No., Patta No., Revenue Village, Mouza and the Town of the concerned District
- A key plan of the area showing natural channels, drains, roads and landmarks
- A site plan drawn to a minimum scale 1:200
- A building plan accurately drawn in a minimum scale of 1:100 with dimensions in meters
- A general specification of the proposed constructions including a detailed calculation sheet of FAR in the proposal showing details giving type and grade of materials to be use in Form 11, Form 24 and Form 25 duly signed by the concerned Registered Technical Personnel (RTP) and countersigned by the applicant
- Self Declaration that property has been assessed/ reassessed after 12 September 2008
- A certificate of supervision in Form 8, Form 9 and Form 10 of the Guwahati Building Construction (Regulation) Byelaws 2014
- A certificate of undertaking for hazard safety from Structural Engineer on Record in the case of buildings Ground + 3 floors and above in Form 7 of Guwahati Building Construction (Regulation) Byelaws 2014
- An undertaking (Appendix V of Guwahati Building Construction (Regulation) Byelaws 2014) signed by the land owner or Power of Attorney Holder or Builder or Promoter or the Applicant, as the case may be, stating that he shall leave or surrender for road widening if required free of cost and he will not violate any rules, building byelaws and that in case of violations the Authority shall take action as per the Guwahati Municipal Corporation Act, 1971/the Guwahati Metropolitan Development Authority Act, 1985. Where land is surrendered free of cost, as aforesaid, it shall not affect the total FAR that the applicant is entitled, over his whole plot as per these bye laws.
- An affidavit along with the application form declaring the following: (a) Particulars of land, (b) Ownership of land, (c) That they shall construct the building as per approved plan, (d) They shall submit completion certificate prior to obtaining electric connection, (e) That applicant will not occupy the building without obtaining the occupancy certificate (f) they shall not change the RTP during the construction period without prior notice to the Authority, and if the change has taken place the new RTP/applicant has to fulfill all the formalities completed by the earlier RTP.
- The up-to-date property tax paid receipt to be submitted; in case of existing building/structure, if any
- In case of residential land/plot sales, a minimum of 10% of plotted area is to be earmarked /reserved for EWS category in all Residential Layout Plans of Plots with land area of 1.5 Hectare and above with minimum plot size for EWS shall not be less than 90 Sq.m. and more than 120 sq.m wherever applicable
- The owner / developer is given freedom to build these units in a separate block with separate access with option to develop only EWS dwelling units in lieu of LIG, wherever applicable
- If the houses/flats/apartments are constructed by private developers/builders, and made available at subsidized price for EWS/LIG the said developers/builders, shall be entitled to an additional FAR of 10% to 25% over that applicable FAR for the relevant land use depending on the percentage of area allotted to EWS/LIG within these limits
All the plans and drawings shall be duly signed by the owner and the person preparing the plan - a registered Architect or a registered graduate Civil Engineer who shall be registered either with Guwahati Municipal Corporation, Guwahati Metropolitan Development Authority or Council of Architecture unless specially allowed as specified in Appendix-II of the Guwahati Building Construction (Regulation) Byelaws 2014.
How to apply:
The applicant shall submit the application online through the Registered Technical Persons of GMDA to Counter Clerk. The applicant shall furnish all the documents in soft copies as per list above.
- Planning Permit under Part-I of the application shall be granted by the Chief Executive Officer GMDA on the recommendation of the Town Planner of the GMDA.
- After online approval from GMDA, applicant has to submit 4 copies of plans in hard copies to GMDA. The movement of the proposal may be monitored by the applicant online through the online Building Permission system.
- For buildings falling in GMC Area, the Planning Permit along with 3 sets of drawings shall be forwarded by the GMDA to GMC for issue of the Building Permit as per Part II with intimation to the applicant.
- Building Permit under Part-II of the application shall be granted by the GMC on the recommendation of the Associate Planner, GMC.
Procedure Followed by GMC
For Building Permission upto G+2
- The applicant’s proposal along with the application forms and necessary documents as per requirement is received by the Computer Section after which it is sent for Land Records Inspection where verification of land documents is done.
- The Concerned Zonal Engineer of the ward where the building is to be constructed, scrutinizes the drawing submitted by the applicants.
- The file is then forwarded to the Associate Planner for recommendation of the approval.
- The Associate Planner then forwards the applicant’s file to the Additional Commissioner. The Additional Commissioner on approval forwards the file to the Commissioner.
- The “No Objection Certificate” for Building Permission is finally approved by the Commissioner.
For Building Permission above G+2
- The applicant’s proposal along with the application forms and necessary documents as per requirement is received by the Computer Section after which it is sent for Land Records Inspection whereby verification of land documents is done.
- The Concerned Zonal Engineers of the ward where the building is to be constructed scrutinizes the drawing and other required documents etc. submitted by the applicants.
- After the Zonal Engineers report, the file is sent for scrutiny and recommendation by the Technical Committee.
- After receiving the recommendations and scrutiny report from the Technical Committee it is forwarded to the Associate Planner (AP) whereby the proposal is forwarded to Additional Commissioner after the AP’s approval.
- The Additional Commissioner then accepts and forwards the file to the Commissioner.
- The Commissioner finally approves the NOC.
Type of Service:
It is an online service. To fill the form online, click here.
The whole procedure usually takes 45 days for issuing ‘No Objection Certificate’ for building permission. It may extend if any objections arises.
Forms to be filled:
1 Application for Planning Permission For Laying out the Land for Building Purposes
2 APPLICATION FORM LAND SUBDIVISION TRANSFER
3 CHECK LIST OF DOCUMENTS PLANNING & BUILDING PERMIT
4 CHECK LIST OF DOCUMENTS LAND SALE TRANSFER SUB-DIVISION PERMISSION
5 FORM-4 RENEWAL ENROLMENT OF COMPETENT TECHNICAL PERSONNEL (INDIVIDUAL)
6 FORM-5 RENEWAL ENROLMENT OF COMPETENT TECHNICAL PERSONNEL (GROUP)
7 FORM-6 CERTIFICATE OF UNDERTAKING FOR HAZARD SAFETY REQUIREMENT
8 FORM-7 CERTIFICATE OF UNDERTAKING OF ARCHITECT ON RECORD ENGINEER ON RECORD
9 FORM-8 CERTIFICATE OF UNDERTAKING OF STRUCTURAL ENGINEER ON RECORD
10 FORM-9 CERTIFICATE OF UNDERTAKING OF THE CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER ON RECORD
11 FORM-10 DEVELOPMENT PERMISSION
12 FORM-11 STRUCTURAL DESIGN BASIS REPORT
13 FORM-12 PROGRESS CERTIFICATE
14 FORM-13 PROGRESS CERTIFICATE FIRST STOREY
15 FORM-14 PROGRESS CERTIFICATE MIDDLE STOREY IN CASE OF HIGH-RISE
16 FORM-15 PROGRESS CERTIFICATE LAST STOREY
17 FORM-16 COMPLETION REPORT
18 FORM-17-BUILDING COMPLETION CERTIFICATE BY ARCHITECT ON RECORD
19 FORM-18 BUILDING COMPLETION CERTIFICATE BY CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER ON RECORD
20 FORM-19 BUILDING COMPLETION CERTIFICATE BY STRUCTURAL ENGINEER ON RECORD
21 FORM-20 MODEL PROFORMA FOR TECHNICAL AUDIT REPORT
22 FORM-22- Area Statement
23 FORM-21-STRUCTURAL INSPECTION REPORT
24 FORM-23 Annexure-A-1
25 FORM-24-Annexure A-2
26 FORM-25 Authority letter
27 FORM-26 Affidavit cum Undertaking
28 FORM-27-Detail report on construction of Building as per as built drawing
Planning Branch, GMC
1st Floor, Uzanbazar, GMC Office
Planning Branch, GMC
1st Floor, Uzanbazar, GMC Office